March Obsessions: 5 Things That Are Making Life Awesome

Even though I’ve been counting down to spring for at least three months now, part of me still can’t believe it’s already April. Bring on spring and summer, and sunny warm weather!

Here, for your viewing pleasure and/or shopping inspiration, are a few things I discovered (or rediscovered) and loved in March.


1. Goodwill stores

This gets the #1 spot because of the simple joy it has brought me. There have been at least ten trips in the last month, and each trip has yielded some amazing finds. I’m talking name brand plaid and gingham button-down shirts for both me and Averie, J.Crew tops and dresses, super cute cardigans (some with TAGS STILL ON), several skirts (including a couple old-lady skirts which I DIYed and made into cute minis), jeans and a brand new green coat for Averie, and plenty of Target stuff with tags still on! (Did you know Target sends their clearance merch to Goodwill if it doesn’t sell after a certain amount of time? Now you do, and this is a realization that will change your life!) I’m going to do a separate write-up about all our finds and what our total was, but until then, just know that we ended up with ridiculous amounts of cute stuff, most of it brand new/never worn, and we paid no more than $50 for all of these trips combined. Being thrifty has never felt (or looked) so good.

2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Come on, you knew this was going to make the list. I already reviewed this little gem HERE, so check that out if you want deets about it. I have to reiterate that you need these.

3. H+M gold chain bracelet

Anything gold is my lover right now, and chains have been everywhere for a few months now. H&M caught onto that trend, and for under $5, this cute bracelet (that goes with EVERYTHING) can become part of your collection, too.

4. MAC Eyeshadows: Carbon and Brown Down

I was fortunate enough to find these at a Cosmetics Company Outlet store. Carbon is MAC’s flagship black, and a shade which I obviously feel every woman should own. This one is double awesome because it was released as a jumbo size with the Year of the Snake collection last year, a genius move on the part of MAC since it’s such a popular and versatile shade. Brown Down is just a gorgeous matte chocolate brown, extremely wearable for everyday and very buildable for smokier looks as well. Both would definitely make it onto my “stranded on a desert island” list of products.


MAC Carbon + MAC Brown Down

5. Maybelline One by One mascara

This one took me by surprise. I found it on sale at Osco, and since I’m always on the hunt for mascaras which will change my life, decided to give it a try. The formula is perfect—neither flaky nor goopy, and it stays put. The individual-lash-defining power of this mascara is incredible, as you may be led to believe by the name. I make a habit of layering mascaras, and I’ve been using this as my first mascara, followed by ELF 3-in-1 on the ends to add a bit of length because I love crazy sexpot eyelashes. Really, though, this mascara nails it all on its own.


Robby approves.


There it is! What products have you been loving lately? Let me know!

love, elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. I never knew that about Target! I have been trying to be a little thriftier lately and I will definitely be checking out Goodwill soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it either until I stumbled upon a BUNCH of Target brands with tags still on at several Goodwills. Of course, that stuff goes fast, so I'm now in the habit of hitting Goodwill at least once a week.

      Goodwill is really helping me to keep my spending in check!

      Delete
  2. What Goodwill do you shop at?? Either I keep missing the finds at my local Goodwill, or you were blessed with a better store. :)

    Jen
    www.lifeunrefined.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a suburb of Chicago and there are 3 Goodwills within about 5-10 miles from my house, so part of the reason I've had crazy success with it is because I've had easy access to several stores. I've also learned to go often! Goodwill doesn't keep anything in their stores for longer than 3 weeks, so every 3 weeks it's completely new inventory. Word is that Target usually drops off their stuff on Tuesdays, and that seems to be the case around here, but I can't confirm that for sure.

      It's really about timing and location! I've had great luck finding brand new Target clothes and shoes at all the stores, but of course labels like J.Crew are easier to find at locations in the more "high-end" communities.

      Delete