Beauty Product Review Time: Revlon, L'Oreal, + Suave



A regular grocery shopping trip a few weeks ago led me to picking up a few new things I’d never tried. This ended up being a wise move, as I am now fairly certain that ALL of these are things I will likely repurchase and use over and over again. Stick with me and I’ll tell you more, and why each of these is worth a try.



1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling

Awhile ago, one of my girls on Instagram (@thestyleverdict) was absolutely raving about these. Would not stop talking about them. When I spotted this one, I wasn’t sure if it was the same product, but the 50% off sticker was what drew me in. Got home, tried it and realized, absolutely, this is definitely the same product, and I see why my girl was going on about it.

It is everything a lip product should be and more. Great color payoff, totally moisturizing (always a huge complaint of mine), the crayon shape makes it super easy to apply, and IT SMELLS LIKE MINT. Revlon nailed it with this one. I want every color.

2. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Foundation

Elise from Elise Goes Glam was what inspired this one. She had very positive things to say about it, and she has amazing skin, so I will trust her judgment on these sorts of things. I swatched it on my hand at the store and was very impressed with how it looked on the back of my hand, which is saying a lot. So into the cart it went.

Here are a few quick things to know about my face:
1) I have combination skin and can sometimes get shiny with certain foundations. In the summer, shininess is all over the place, and Revlon Colorstay and I are gal pals because it does not budge in ways I haven’t been able to duplicate with any other foundation.
2) I have slight lines under my eyes which I don’t even necessarily think are from aging because I’ve noticed them since I was 19. My kids have them. It’s just the way our eyeballs sit in our faces.
3) Large pores, redness, and a few occasional blemishes are my only real concerns. My skin is usually pretty decent, just needs a bit of glow.

First, I am in love with the pump. Every foundation should have a pump. Why don’t cosmetics companies know this? Pumps just make life easier. The finish of this foundation is beautiful. It is glowy and dewy and everything you want your foundation to be.

But then there’s that proneness to shine. And those fine lines. If I use any face products that are too creamy, guess what happens? It can settle in those lines if I’m not careful. This foundation is great but does require touch-ups and a bit of maintenance throughout the day for me. Dry/non-oily types and those without lines around the eyes or mouth (I’m jealous of you all) would probably love this because it does feel moisturizing and dewy.

I am overall happy with the way this foundation applies, and I have been wearing it often for everyday use. I don’t think I could trust this for a full day of wear or a big night out.


Unedited photo. Only wearing the Magic Lumi foundation, no primer, no concealer, no powder.


3. L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer

Here’s the real winning trick to glowy skin. Jaclyn Hill inspired this purchase. Right now I am fairskinned enough to use it as a primer as intended. A few friends recommended to me that they use it primarily as a highlighter. Either way, it leaves you with a gorgeous glow that is not glittery, cakey, OR slippery. It’s really a great product.

The first day I tried this, I tried it with my daily moisturizer and applied the Magic Lumi foundation right over it. It looked okay, but I felt greasy all day. However, I did wear this with my daily moisturizer and Revlon Colorstay (always has my back) for a friend’s bridal shower and bachelorette party over the weekend. Looked gorgeous and stayed put all day...and it was a LONG day! I think, for me, that’s the right way to use this product.


Magic Lumi primer with Revlon Colorstay, plus all my regular makeup. No editing done to this photo.


4. L’Oreal Go 360 Clean for Sensitive Skin

Not going to lie, I bought this almost entirely for the nubby brush included in the packaging. Sephora sells a similar scrubber for $6, which I was fully prepared to buy, but this one cost a little less and included the cleanser itself, so I picked it up. For me, cleansers are cleansers, and while an important part of a skincare routine, I just don’t really notice much difference from one to the next. I do feel like the scrubber really helps to get all my makeup off, so that is worth a try for anybody who wears makeup.

I recently adopted a new (or at least more comprehensive, more refined) skincare routine. My skin is still adjusting to the new products I’ve been putting on it, and because last week was a crazy week for me, I think a few breakouts occurred from stress and poor sleep. However, I’ve seen a decrease in fine lines and large pores plus an overall decrease in dullness since I began this new routine, so I think I’m on the right track. I’ll share my skincare regimen as soon as I can figure out the right balance of what is working for me.

5. Suave Dry Shampoo

Let me just start by saying that I am a huge dry shampoo fan anyway. I do not wash my hair every day. I don’t have time for it, even if I wanted to. My second day hair doesn’t get oily, but it just gets sort of flat and doesn’t have the same shape and body that my freshly-styled hair does. That’s mostly what I use dry shampoo for: to freshen and add life again.

For those purposes, I have yet to find a better dry shampoo than this one. I was kind of blown away by the scent upon first spraying it—it is stronger and more fruity than others I’ve tried. It also feels very light on my hair. I consider this to be a highly positive thing. I definitely feel very fresh after using it, and it does add fullness to my hair, which is my primary objective.

Okay, so, confession time: I’ve also used this on my third-day and beyond hair. (What? No, I mean, I don’t skip that many days. Who does that?) It does seem to absorb the oil pretty well, and as stated, the scent really helps it to feel cleaner. However, even by day 3+, I still don’t tend to get too greasy, so I can’t really attest to the cleaning powers of this dry shampoo for those who get more oily if they skip a day.

The Verdict:

Each of these have very redeeming qualities and are worth a look, especially if your hair/skin types are like mine. And I think EVERY girl needs the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains. They are that good, no matter what kinds of makeup you’re into.

I feel like I should not even have to specify, but of course these opinions are my own, and no one paid me for any of this. Like, come on. I have 5 followers. Absolutely nobody is paying me to review their products, but just in case there was any doubt...

Anyone else used any of these? Let me know your thoughts, or anything else you’ve tried recently that worked for you!

love, elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Love that lip stain! It's such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with them! As soon as I free myself from a bit of a spending lockdown, I'm buying every shade!

      Delete
  2. I am in love with the just bitten lip stains!! They are amazing and feel so much better than regular lipstick!!! New follower here, great blog :)

    Brianna
    http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're SO amazing! I'm a lipstick girl for sure, but it's so hard to find a formula that isn't too slippery or too drying. These stains are perfect!

      And thank you! Checking out your blog right now!! :)

      Delete