My Brand New Look!

I AM SO EXCITED. Lilibelle Marie has a new look! Or at least a bit of a facelift. In my excitement to get this blog up and running, I slapped up a modified version of a standard Blogger template and promised myself I'd redesign later, something that fully meets my design standards. So here we are. I redesigned, this time from scratch. It's a responsive design created from a template I wrote myself. It looks and feels sharper, cleaner, and more me. And it feels good to have created it all on my own.

I'll get into the full history of my design career another time, but I will say that it started as a (nerdy) hobby when I was in grade school. As soon as I had home access to the internet (which was about 1996), I was learning HTML and creating all kinds of projects with it. I have always loved web design and online media. Though I've always gone through periods of designing a lot and then taking a break for awhile, I do have around 18 years of history with this field.

I've always considered myself a web designer first, who sometimes dabbles in graphic design. A five-year hiatus with most things web design related left me focusing on graphic design, typography, and art. It was both a hobby and a service I put to good use for family and friends, designing invitations, business cards, party decor, etc., and I've realized that these days, I am now more of a graphic designer with an interest in web design. As a result of my break from intensive designing, now that I'm diving back into it, I'm realizing that there is a lot I have missed. I am learning very quickly; there is so much more I know now than I knew even a month ago. I love that this field is ever-changing and that it pushes me to stretch myself, but boy, has it been a wakeup call to realize that even with an 18 year background in web design, I am not an expert. There was a lot I needed to learn before being ready to really launch myself as a credible web/graphic designer for hire. I'm finally about there.

So I am calling this my blog re-launch. I'm ready to fully go public with this! My design site and portfolio will officially launch in the weeks to come, so stay tuned!

love, elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Loving the new design! Your header is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is what I was envisioning with the first design, but it took rewriting the whole thing in order to get it right. (And appearing correctly on all browsers/resolutions!) I'm so excited!

      Delete