February Obsessions: 5 Things You Need Now!



I love a cheap thrill. The pursuit of something gorgeous just drives me wild. And oh, was I a very busy girl over the last month...busy shopping, I mean. And so there is a lot that stole my heart during February. In case you're looking for a quick little something pretty to inject a bit of glamorous into your everyday, might I suggest these lovelies?

I'm taking a break from Freebie Friday this week (back next week, with something pretty for your phone!) and instead, I'm waving goodbye to February with a list of things I've lovvvvved this month.


1. OPI nail polish in Sweet Heart

Wow. What a gorgeous color. The perfect neutral blush color (which I am ALL ABOUT lately), and pink without being TOO pink...if you get what I mean. (Really though, is there such a thing as too pink?) Every girl should own this color. It's that good.

2. MAC Lipglass in Angel

This caught my eye at a MAC counter a month or two ago, wore it a few times, then forgot about it. (I went through a big-time bold lip phase during January.) Rediscovered this month, I'm remembering exactly why I had to have this. It's the perfect light pink, with just enough blue tint that it even makes teeth look whiter. I'm sold.

3. ELF makeup setting spray

I am truly amazed this hasn't gotten more hype and that women aren't writing it love letters every day. I find myself using it every time I do my makeup. (Which is most days.) A flawless dupe for MAC Fix+, this stuff is the clear winner at only $3 a bottle. My makeup stays fresh-looking all day, and with aloe and vitamins A, C, and E, I do feel like it helps shield my skin from the yucky effects of winter. Give me a thousand more, please.

4. Cute hair ties

Those who know me in person know I am NEVER without a hair tie, usually those standard black ones that come in a pack of about 25 for $3. Since I'm the kind of lazy girl who thinks that a hair tie on the wrist counts as an accessory, these at least boost my fashion cred a tad by being incredibly cute. This silver glitter one came in a pack from Anthropologie, which was about $15 for 5, but I've found almost the exact same colors at Old Navy and Charming Charlie for way less. I now own these in basically every color, to match all my outfits so I can fake a fully accessorized look. (Or use them in my hair, as intended. You know. Either way.)

5. Michael Kors flats

File this under #fabfound. Yes! Marshalls! $23. FIND OF THE CENTURY. I realized at the beginning of this year that I was lacking in basic colored flats. (Seriously, I have gold, hot pink, cobalt blue, navy blue velvet, even mint, but mysteriously missing were normal colors such as black and brown.) My meeting with these shoes was pure fate. They go with everything, and surprise--they are incredibly comfy. So comfy it's a little bit unfair. How can anything be this cute and this comfortable? I want them in every color, but so far, no luck finding them again. If your Marshalls has these flats, snatch them up. You so deserve these. Really.

Not pictured:

6. MY NEW CLOSET.

It's the built-in system of my dreams. It's like an explosion of happy every time I walk into my closet. Did I mention I got the entire thing done for under $350? Closet post is coming soon, so stay tuned! If you're thinking about updating your closet to something a bit more organized & functional (and want to do it on a budget), you are not going to want to miss this one!

Let's talk pretty things! What were YOU loving this month? Is there anything we absolutely need to try/buy? Tell me in the comments!

love, elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Yay! These are some great items. I will have to give the e.l.f setting spray a try. I will have to pick some up at target the next time I am there. I saw some cute hair ties in the dollar bin at target, 3 for $1 and they had 2 sets of colours. I should have got them! I will have to get them when I get the setting spray. I didn't know how well they worked.

    Those flats are fab! How long ago did you find them? I need a pair of solid brown, too!

    Can't wait to download your phone freebie next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the flats about 2-3 weeks ago. When I was there originally, they had black and a camel-brown in a few different sizes. (Mine are actually black, even though my amateur photography skills kind of made them look brownish in that picture, haha!) When I went back to my Marshalls the other day, there were none of this style left...probably because people realized these awesome shoes were a total steal! I'm kicking myself for not getting the camel color as well. I'm pretty tempted to start driving around to different Marshalls to see if there are maaaayybe any of these still hiding somewhere! Let me know if you have any luck finding them!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you like to elf makeup setting spray! I don't normally use one, but I have been thinking I should get one for summer. I don't want to spend a lot so I may have to try it out!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! I've been very pleased so far.

      Delete